Written by Administrator Sunday, 06 May 2012 19:45
(all these paintings are from the Art Department of St George's College
– some artists still to be named when checked)
The aim of our mission is the service of faith;
the integrating principle is the inseparable link between
faith and the promotion of the justice of the Kingdom :
1. Through inculturation and dialogue :
– To establish right relationships with God, with one another, with creation ;
– In a world torn by violence, strife & division … to build a world of right relationships ;
– Building bridges across barriers; bridge the divisions of a fragmented world .
– Dialogue & reflection on the relationship between faith & reason, culture & morality, faith & society .
4. Where religious fundamentalism is being used to divide people: engage in fourfold dialogue :
– Life: where people live in an open & neighbourly sprit,
– Action: collaborating with others for development & liberation of people,
– Religious experience: sharing of spiritual riches among religious traditions,
– Theological exchange: deepen understanding of different religious heritages. [GC34: 131].
5. Educational & pastoral ministry among the youth .
6. In the context of globalisation (excluding & exploiting the poor, marginalisation of nations, transnational exploitation, war & arms trafficking):
– To establish right relationships ;
– Learning from and acting with and for the poor & marginalised ;
– Build bridges between rich and poor ;
– Build bridges between those who hold political power & those who find it difficult to voice their interests ;
– Intellectual apostolate to tackle these issues ;
– Promote corporate social responsibility, humane business culture & economic development initiatives with the poor .
7. Put new communication technologies at the service of those at the margins .
8. Restore right relationships with creation [75-78]
9. Research, activity, advocacy, cooperation with others focusing on poverty, environment, displaced persons .